If you are interested in this position, contact your Detailer:
Chief, Medical Logistics Division
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitates standardization of the demand signal in order to optimize the purchasing of medical supplies, health care technology, and services
- Executes MEDLOG Shared Services per approved Coordinated Concept of Operation (CONOPS)
- Executes Defense Medical Materiel Program responsibilities per DODI 6430 .02
- Chairs the Defense Medical Logistics Proponent Committee (DMLPC), the joint governing body for DoD Medical Logistics.
- Co-Chairs the Defense Medical Logistics Supply Chain Council (DMLSCC) 06 Board which serves as a collaborative forum to facilitate and integrate the development of strategic and operational relationships, capabilities, performance standards, and system integration necessary for effective and efficient medical supply chain support across DOD.
- Develops a shared strategic direction and vision for the DHA medical logistics functions and programs; Coordinates with Service Medical Logistic Chiefs from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps as well as the Defense Logistics Agency, FHP&R, and the Joint Staff for the management and development of tri-service medical logistics initiatives .
- Oversees a headquarters staff of approximately 46 employees (total force); Interacts with other DHA functional areas as the medical logistics business functional representative; prepares and delivers senior-level briefings; Manages and coordinates development, implementation, and compliance oversight of DHA initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Military Health System (MHS).
- Establishes reporting requirements for DHA Supply, Equipment , and MEDLOG Services Initiatives and prepares, analyzes, and makes recommendations regarding initiative performance to the DHA Director and DHA leadership .
- Directs the DHA Medical Logistics staff engaged in the planning and execution of business process reengineering initiatives, management of enterprise actions collection, and analysis of initiative performance data.
- In coordination with the Services, DLA, DMLPC Principles, coordinates the development and implementation of process improvements for medical logistics; Participates in development of DHA guidance necessary to implement OASD (HA) policies associated with standardization and purchasing of medical supplies; Participates in development of DHA strategies and guidance for management of authoritative data.
- Coordinates with counterparts in the Services and other Federal agencies to establish a collaborative network that fosters unity of and optimization of DoD purchasing power; Coordinates with non-DoD medical logistics organizations to assess ‘best practices’ in medical logistics.
- Advises the DHA Director on all aspects of medical logistics; Serves as DHA MEDLOG representative to DoD and Federal work groups and committees.
Experience and Required Grade:
- Grade of O-6 (any specialty) but must have significant knowledge of knowledge of and experience with medical logistics and operations.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Eligible to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.