Fitrep Update for Upcoming O4/O5 Promotion Boards
Here’s the quick summary of a recent and somewhat lengthy e-mail PERS sent out about the current state of FITREPs and promotion boards. I have removed all the extraneous info and boiled it down to only two items that summarize the whole e-mail:
- They are about 3-4 months behind on uploading FITREPs.
- If you look at your Performance Summary Record (PSR) and do not see a FITREP that you received, you will need to submit it via a letter to the board.
All of the info to review your PSR and figure out your letter to the board is in the Promo Prep.
NAVADMIN Updates Fitrep Guidance
Here is the NAVADMIN, with the sections applicable to my readership highlighted in yellow:
ROUTINE R 171958Z NOV 22 MID200080475889U FM CNO WASHINGTON DC TO NAVADMIN INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC BT UNCLAS NAVADMIN 259/22 PASS TO OFFICE CODES: FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1// INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1// MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/NOV// SUBJ/PUBLICATION OF BUPERSINST 1610.10F (EVALMAN) CHANGE ONE (CORRECTED COPY)// REF/A/DOC/BUPERS/1DEC21// AMPN/REF A IS BUPERSINST 1610.10F, NAVY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM. RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces changes to reference (a), which are being implemented as change 1. File this NAVADMIN with reference (a) and implement these changes effective immediately. 2. Summary of Changes: a. Modifies Table 1, page 9 of enclosure 1 to include *in no case, however, should a total report period exceed 15 months without Bureau of Naval Personnel (PERS-32) approval.* b. Modifies the officer competitive category by adding 68xx under Reserve limited duty officer or chief warrant officer to the officer (Line). c. Modifies the officer competitive category by moving aviation (73xx) to a new and separate line under submarine or nuclear (72xx/740x) under Active chief warrant officer. d. Includes the requirement for reporting seniors to add, in addition to their address, their phone number in block 48 (evaluation) or block 44 (fitness report and chief evaluation) to assist Commander, Navy Personnel Command in making inquiries concerning the report. e. Clarifies for officer and enlisted, if a detachment of reporting senior reports are submitted, the reporting senior must submit reports on all personnel in the same paygrade who are normally evaluated by that reporting senior. f. Includes the option for a Service Member to request for an immediate superior in command review of a performance evaluation. 3. For questions concerning these policy changes, contact the MyNavy Career Center at (833) 330-6622 or via e-mail at askmncc(at)navy.mil. 4. Released by Vice Admiral Richard J. Cheeseman, Jr., N1.// BT #0001 NNNN UNCLASSIFIED//
NAVFIT98A Use Allowable Until 31 DEC 2023
ROUTINE R 032100Z NOV 22 MID200012864292T FM CNO WASHINGTON DC TO NAVADMIN INFO ZEN/CNO WASHINGTON DC BT UNCLAS NAVADMIN 250/22 MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/NOV// SUBJ/ENAVFIT IMPLEMENTATION UPDATE// REF/A/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/241616ZNOV21// REF/B/DOC/BUPERSINST 1610.10F/01DEC21// REF/C/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/141834ZJAN22// NARR/REF A IS BUPERSINST 1610.10F, NAVY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. REF B IS NAVADMIN 267/21, TALENT MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE AND ENAVFIT. SYSTEM. REF C IS NAVADMIN 004/22, ENAVFIT AVAILABILITY FOR ACTIVE COMPONENT AS ALTERNATIVE TO NAVFIT98A.// RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN provides a status update on eNavFit latency issues at the Fleet level and the sunset date for NAVFIT98A. a. Navy Personnel Command (NPC) deployed eNavFit to the Reserve Component in December 2021 as described in reference (a) and to the Active Component in February 2022 as described in reference (b). Reference (c) includes the policy for eNavFit. To date over 37,000 summary groups have been created and over 27,500 appraisals have been received and entered into Sailors official military personnel file by NPC via eNavFit. b. NPC has authorized the continued use of NAVFIT98A until 31 December 2023 as an alternative while NPC resolves eNavFit challenges common with new software product implementation. Numerous fixes and enhancements to eNavFit have been implemented since the initial release and NPC continues to receive Fleet feedback which enables updates on a continuous bases. c. NAVFIT98A will sunset on 31 December 2023. NAVFIT98A reports postmarked prior to 1 January 2024 will be accepted. After 1 January 2024 NPC will only accept reports generated from eNavFit to include printed reports. 2. All Sailors can access eNavFit through BUPERS Online (BOL) for online evaluation and fitness report drafting, routing, signature, review, and submission. While in BOL, click the *eNavFit Program* link. Users must access eNavFit via Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browsers. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers are not compatible and will cause system errors. 3. Commands are reminded eNavFit has been designed to support environments with regular internet connectivity, intermittent internet connectivity, or no internet connectivity. Commands entirely offline may use eNavFit forms to print, wet sign, and mail completed reports and summary letters to NPC. 4. Performance evaluation training materials, including the eNavFit user guide, video tutorials, best practices, and frequently asked questions are available on the NPC website at https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-Management/Performance- Evaluation/eNavFit. The PET/eNavFit team will continue providing live training sessions via Microsoft Teams on a bi-monthly basis through fiscal year 2023. 5. For questions concerning eNavFit, contact the MyNavy Career Center at (833) 330-6622 or via e-mail at askmncc(at)navy.mil. 6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or canceled, whichever occurs first. 7. Released by Vice Admiral Richard J. Cheeseman, Jr., N1.// BT #7978 NNNN UNCLASSIFIED//
eNavFit Resources and Training Module Updates
What is eNavFit?
eNavFit is the Navy’s new interface for conducting evaluations and fitness reports. It is now available for all Sailors (Reserve and Active Components). As a replacement for NAVFIT98A, eNavFit is the initial step in transforming the Navy’s performance evaluation process and serves as a bridge to future improvements. eNavFit is hosted on Navy Personnel Command Document Services via BUPERS Online (BOL). NAVFIT98A will continue to be accepted through FY22; however, maximum adoption of eNavFit is HIGHLY encouraged.
- Reporting seniors: Acknowledge your role. This step must be completed FIRST. It is only required once per command/rank. Refer to Module 3 at the information link below. If this step is not completed, the reporting senior will not be found in the interface.
- All hands: Verify and update your email in BOL. To do this, login to BOL and select “Update Info” at the top. Notifications from eNavFit will go to that email, and it is also the email by which your command can find you in the eNavFit interface. BOL updates every Saturday.
- All administrative personnel: Familiarize yourself with all of the training materials at the information link below so that you can help your command with eNavFit.
Many resources are available, and more are forthcoming. These resources are where you should come first to answer questions while using eNavFit.
1. Start by downloading the comprehensive eNavFit User Guide Version 2.0 (updated 21 April 2022). Also check out the eNavFit FAQs (updated 15 June 2022) and the eNavFit Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices (updated 15 June 2022).
2. NEW resource: If you anticipate using eNavFit in an area with intermittent or no Internet access, download this brief to understand the basics of eNavFit’s intermittent and disconnected operations. This brief is also what the eNavFit team is using for training on every Friday in May and June 2022 (1100 PDT / 1300 CDT / 1400 EDT). You can join that training via Flank Speed Teams (see the instructions at information link below) or you can call in (1-410-874-6751, passcode 226 637 341#). If you call in, it would be helpful for you to have the brief open in front of you during the session.
3. Also be sure to download the most recent Navy Performance Evaluation System Manual, BUPERSINST 1610.10F.4. Then, view the eNavFit training tutorial videos at the information link below, offered in both YouTube and DVIDS platforms (use DVIDS if you do not have YouTube access).
4. Then, view the eNavFit training tutorial videos at the information link below, offered in both YouTube and DVIDS platforms (use DVIDS if you do not have YouTube access).
The information above, access to training, and more can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-Management/Performance-Evaluation/eNAVFIT/
May Sailor-to-Sailor Newsletter
Shipmates around the world!
Your MyNAVY HR Team is proud to bring you another informative “Sailor-to-Sailor” newsletter. But it’s only informative if you click the link and read the news we bring you every month. In this edition we’re focusing on PCS season and how to reduce your stress level. Want some extra cash in your pocket? Check out the story on the Navy Spouse licensure and certification program. And how about a salute to our Asian American/Pacific Islander shipmates; May is the month we honor you!
This link is your gateway to enlightenment: https://go.usa.gov/xusSF
Need more enticing? Other stories in this month’s edition include:
– How the Selected Reserve Can Kickstart Your Transition to Civilian Life
– The Warrior Toughness Smartphone App: Fortifying Toughness
– Navy Personnel Command Announces Refocus on Mid-Term Counseling
– Navy Civilians Get a Lifeline to Navigate Their Career
– NPC PACT Team changes Lives for 313 Newly-Rated Sailors in Japan
Again, for all the news you can use, click here: https://go.usa.gov/xusSF
If you have questions or comments about the newsletter, you can reach us on our social media properties @MyNavyHR on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to have your voices heard.
February Sailor-to-Sailor Newsletter
The February Sailor-to-Sailor newsletter is here…HOORAY! This month we spotlight eNavFit, extending boot camp from 8 to 10 weeks, and the new and improved Retention Excellence Awards program. This issue also recognizes Black History Month and has details on where and when you can catch our next MyNavy HR Town Hall. Here’s a hint, it’s tomorrow!
This link will take you right to the newsletter: https://go.usa.gov/xtGvD
Other stories in this month’s edition include:
– Sailors to Truckers, a Transition Opportunity
– Navy Acculturation App for Navy Civilian Employees available in the Navy App Locker
Again, for all the news you can use, click here: https://go.usa.gov/xtGvD
If you have questions or comments about the newsletter, you can reach us at MyNavyHR@navy.mil or on our social media properties @MyNavyHR on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to have their voices heard.
More eNavFit (New Fitrep/Eval System) Info
Here’s some info I thought you might find useful or interesting that was sent to me:
eNavFit is not changing how performance is evaluated, it is just streamlining the process behind reporting. Despite being an interim change, eNavFit boasts many benefits for the Navy and its Sailors including electronic routing and submission, digital signature, validation and CUI/PII reductions.
There are 4 roles:
Rater (R), Senior Rater (SR), Reporting Senior (RS), and Trusted Agent (TA) – generally Admin Officer/Senior Admin staff; you may have more than 1 trusted agent. The Trusted Agents are like your Command Leave Administrators, they are designated in writing by the RS. They will have the ability to see all correspondence being reported on a Sailor’s performance in eNAVFIT, and be able to make adjustment and administrative changes, but will not have signature authority. All other roles will have the usual responsibilities.
If a command completes individual “appraisals” the TA gets to see it once the RS is assigned; similar appraisals that meet the same criteria, i.e., ending date, paygrade or type of report will automatically roll up into that summary group once created – in this regard, eNAVFIt will ensure appraisals for personnel TAD, recent check in, etc., are not forgotten and are added to that summary group, the TA will also ensure accuracy.
– Sailors need to update their email addresses in BOL to their official NAVY EMAIL ADDRESS – this helps the eNavFit notification and search features to function properly.
– BOL will timeout after being idle for approximately 15 minutes. Users operating eNavFit will need to stay active in BOL or will be forced to login again.
– Navigation note: When starting an appraisal or summary group, users can use the “next” or “back” buttons or click on the tab names that are at the top of the screen (Your Information, Reporting Senior, Summary Group, Members, Reviewers, etc.). When reviewing an appraisal or summary group, users can click on the tabs on the left-hand side to navigate through the various sections of the appraisal.
– eNavFit will highlight errors in red, and if all information is entered correctly, will show in green. This will help to ensure accuracy.
– Additional reviewers can be added, based on specific command structure. See the user guide for detailed instructions.
– The eNavFit interface allows the user to input the DODID or email address (must be in BOL) in the field when searching for members to add to a summary group.
– When searching for an Admin Assistant (Trusted Agent), the name must be entered as: Last Name First Name without a comma, and with a space between the Last Name and First Name (i.e. “Smith John”).
– When a member is verifying/reviewing their appraisal, the interface allows the user to enter any missing information and provides input descriptions that correspond to the EVAL/FITREP form blocks as hover-over text.
BUPERSINST 1610.10E is being updated to reflect changes that will accompany the deployment of eNavFit as well as training materials such as a User Guide, Tutorial Videos, and Quick Reference Cards. Additional information can be found at: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-Management/Performance-Evaluation/
Videos below and attachment are other source of information.
Module One: Understanding The Essentials
Module Two: eNavFit Accessing the Interface
Module Three: eNavFit Reporting Senior Acknowledgement
Module Four: eNavFit Appointing a Trusted Agent
Module Five: eNavFit Online Summary Group Creation
Module Six: eNavFit Routing Reports & Reviewer Inputs