NSS billets are targeted for MC officers with previous operational/administrative/research/leadership experience. The attached candidate input form explains the application and assignment process for the NSS billets.
Opportunities are listed below, with position descriptions attached.
The list is current but will fluctuate throughout the detailing cycle. NSS applications are due to members’ detailer NLT 27 September 2022.
NSS detailing involves extensive cross-detailing at PERS. As such, communication is key. Officers must communicate their intentions to their detailer and community specialty leader(s).
Please direct questions regarding the NSS list to your detailer. Contact information is listed in the attached candidate input form.
· Force Surgeon, Commander Naval Surface Forces Pacific
· Force Surgeon, Commander Naval Air Forces Atlantic
· Force Surgeon, Commander Naval Submarine Forces Atlantic
· Force Surgeon, Commander Naval Information Forces (COMNAVIFOR)
· Officer-in-Charge, Fleet Surgical Team / CATF Surgeon, FLEET SURGICAL TEAMS
· Senior Medical Officer, LHD/A
· Senior Medical Officer, AS 39/40 USS Emory S. LAND; USS Frank CABLE
· 1st MARDIV Surgeon, 1st MLG Surgeon (Feb 2023 FILL), 3rd MAW Surgeon; 1st MAW Surgeon, I Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF); III MEF
· Regimental Surgeon, 1st MARDIV, 2nd MARDIV
· Director, 3rd MED BTN
· MEB Surgeon, COMMAND ELEMENT 2nd/3rd MEB
· Group Surgeon, NAVAL CONSTRUCTION GROUP ONE
· Director, Medical Readiness Division, Commander Naval Surface Forces Mid Pacific, Commander Naval Surface Forces Pacific
· Command Surgeon, Joint Task Force, USNORTHCOM
· Deputy Director, Force Medical Readiness (M34), BUMED WASH DC
· Medical Corps Detailer, CNAVPERSCOM MILL (Navy Personnel Command, PERS-4415)
· Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), NMFL, NMFP, DHA, DISA
· Member, Physical Evaluation Board, SECNAV CORB
· Chief, Lessons Learned and Innovation, NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE)
· Staff Inspector, BUMED, Office of the Medical Inspector General
· Medical Corps Policy & Program Management, BUMED, Office of the Medical Corps Chief
· Surface Medicine Program Manager, BUMED
· Medical Planner, NATO HEADQUARTERS ALLIED MARITIME COMMAND (MARCOM)
· Researcher (ID/Immunology), NMEDRSCHCEN (Navy Medical Research Center)
· Health Science Researcher (Undersea Medicine), NMEDRSCHCEN (Naval Medical Research Center)
· Trauma/Critical Care Medical Research Officer, NMRU SAN ANTONIO (Navy Medical Research Unit, San Antonio)
· Student, NAVAL WAR COLLEGE