Applications are now being accepted for the position of DESIGNATED INSTITUTIONAL OFFICIAL (DIO) AND CHAIRPERSON OF GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE (GMEC) at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton (NHCP).
The DIO/GMEC Chair is responsible to the Commanding Officer as liaison and subject matter expert related to Graduate Medical Education (GME); for establishing and maintaining command GME and GMEC policies; for administration of GME programs and assuring compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Common, Specialty/Subspecialty-specific programs, and Institutional Requirements; for preparing the command for ACGME and other accrediting organizations’ institutional inspections; and for oversight of the command training agreements. The direct area of responsibility includes Chairing the GMEC and oversight for family medicine and dental residencies and the sports medicine fellowship.
The position is open to officers at the O-5/O-6 level (Medical Corps only) who have an interest in Graduate Medical Education and Executive Medicine. The selected individual is expected to assume the responsibilities in the July 2023 timeframe.
The preferred candidate should have the following:
1. Prior core faculty, program director or associate program director experience in an ACGME accredited residency or fellowship
2. An understanding of ACGME common and specific program requirements
3. Track record of superior performance in previous leadership positions
4. Flexibility to work extended hours as mission dictates
5. Desire to maintain clinical practice while serving as DIO
6. Dedication to process improvement
7. Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
8. Desire to assist others with career development
9. Commitment to the strategic imperative of NHCP, San Diego Market, DHA and Navy Medicine
10. 10) Meet height/weight standards
Prospective applicants must contact their detailer in advance of applying to ensure support for PCS or extension if selected to the position. Applicants should submit a letter of intent, CV, last 3 fitness reports and BIO to: CAPT Meg Bayard NLT 27 JAN 2023.