Anyone interested should contact their Detailer or Specialty Leader. You need to PCS in summer 2017 on 2 year orders.
The 3D Marine Logistics Group (MLG) Surgeon billet is an O-6 billet located in Okinawa, Japan. The member will function as a special staff officer reporting directly to a 1-star Marine Corps General and their staff. Their duties include providing advice on all matters related to healthcare of the MLG Marines and units they support both in garrison and deployed. The MLG Surgeon has direct oversight of a number of General Medical Officers and Independent Duty Corpsmen and works with the 3D Medical Battalion CO to coordinate medical coverage of all operations and training evolutions across the Pacific theater. The member will be expected to work cooperatively with other III MEF forces, the local Naval Hospitals as well as other host/guest nation military medical personnel. The 3D MLG Surgeon is also responsible for ensuring the proper continuing medical education of all healthcare personnel assigned as well as basic medical instruction for Marines.
The ideal candidate is an O-5/O-6 preferably with the Fleet Marine Force Warfare designated AQD, motivated for a challenging executive medical tour providing oversight of healthcare for over 20,000 Marines.
As a member of the Commanding General’s Special Staff, the 3D MLG Surgeon is responsible to the CG, via the Chief of Staff. The 3D MLG Surgeon’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exercises staff responsibility over all professional and technical medical matters.
- Coordinates the medical activities of 3D MLG through the preparation of medical estimates, plans, and orders based on instructions and requirements from higher authority.
- Supervises medical services to include preventive medicine, sanitation, and provisions for the care, treatment, and evacuation of the sick and injured including combat and mass casualties.
- Monitors the deployment of all medical personnel and makes recommendations to the CG to ensure their maximum utilization within 3D MLG.
- Monitors the training of medical personnel and first aid training of Marines and Sailors.
- Coordinates requests for medical personnel augmentation.
- Coordination of the Navy Fleet Marine Force Qualified Officer Program.