The Senior Medical Officer position on the USS BONHOMME RICHARD (LHD6) in Sasebo, Japan is available for an OCT 2017 report. Of note, the ship is changing home port to San Diego:
- O5 to O6 Medical Corps position, overseeing a department of two physicians and 24 medical support staff with an augmented 20 member Fleet Surgical Team during deployments.
- The ship will be in Sasebo, Japan until early spring 2018 with normal off duty travel available in Japan.
- Early spring 2018, the ship will have short patrols with numerous port calls throughout South East Asia.
- The second half of spring 2018 will consist of a return to San Diego for a home port change with multiple island port calls along the way.
- During the 18 month yard period in San Diego, medical care will be conducted in a local naval clinic on an abbreviated schedule. This schedule will allow time to continue specialty competence/experience/activity and training at Naval Medical Center San Diego, as desired.
- The command will have completed all routine certifications and inspections in early fall 2017 and will not require certification or inspection until fall 2019.
- This billet provides a great opportunity to demonstrate senior leadership experience and earn a warfare device.
If you are interested, contact your Detailer and/or Specialty Leader.