This in an announcement to all O-6 Medical Corps officers eligible to transfer in summer 2016. O-6 Selects must be an O-6 at the time of their PCS.
The Senior MC Detailer will be transferring and needs to find a suitable replacement to fill this high profile and demanding job. PERS prefers officers who have been in overseas and operational billets during their careers. You must be a good communicator, mentor, and listener. All specialties are eligible. You cannot have a history of PRT failure within last 3 years, and typically it is 2 year assignment with an option to extend.
- Head of Medical Corps Assignments (>3700 officers).
- Oversee two O5 detailers and one LCDR detailer.
- PERS advisor to the GME Selection Board.
- Surgical Subspecialties Detailer – work closely with Specialty Leaders and Placement to detail > 700
- MC Executive Medicine Detailer – work closely with the Medical Corps Chiefs Office to screen, coordinate and write orders for MC Executive Medicine candidates.
- Promotion Board Nominations – select MC officers to sit on boards as Recorders and Voting Members.
- Numerous other duties involving special nominative billets, special projects, and point papers.
- Daily interactions with Corps Chief Office and BUMED
The position involves a good lifestyle and excellent command environment. There is a Primary Care Clinic available on base for part-time work. Moonlighting opportunities are available in the community.
Contact your Detailer if you are interested.