AMSUS Breakout Presentations – New Selection Process
AMSUS has changed the process for selecting breakout presentations for its upcoming 2023 AMSUS Annual Meeting, 13-16 February 2023.
This year submissions for the breakout sessions will take place internally at BUMED with a priority for topics determined by the Surgeon General.
Preferred topics: Unclassified briefs on operational medicine topics that relates to Navy Medicine’s operational design – which may include:
· Initiatives/projects that support new and evolving operational medicine capabilities
· Topics that directly speak to Navy Medicine’s man/train/equip mission
· Topics that support our warfighting concepts of Distributed Maritime Operations (DMO), Littoral Operations in a Contested Environment (LOCE), and Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations (EABO)
· Topics that support Joint and/or allied partnerships looking to leverage capabilities, training and infrastructure for a common continuum across the distributed maritime domain
· The Maritime Headquarters/Maritime Operations Center construct
· Other topics may also be considered.
Selectees and non-selectees will be informed of the board’s decision. Selected speakers will be provided the process to forward their paperwork to AMSUS. 03 October 2022 will be the hard deadline submission date for selected breakout presentations to AMSUS.
Action: Forward the title of the presentation along with a detailed description of the proposed presentation along with the speaker’s name(s). Submissions must be received no later than close of business 08 September 2022
Deliverable: Submissions must be received no later than close of business 08 September 2022 to POC, CAPT Marc D. Herwitz, Director, Maritime Headquarters via email (contact in the global).
POC: CAPT Marc D. Herwitz, Director, Maritime Headquarters who can be reached (contact in the global).