Here are the announcement/recruitment letters for the Program Director positions:
- SG Announcement for NCC Program Director Search – Pediatric Gastroenterology signed
- SG Announcement for NCC Program Director Search – Pathology Residency signed
- SG Announcement for NCC Program Director Search – Otolaryngology Residency signed
- SG Announcement for NCC Program Director Search – Dermatopathology Fellowship signed
The memorandum to the Surgeons General requests the widest dissemination of the announcement to ensure that all physicians desiring an assignment as a Program Director have the opportunity to apply.
Here is the DoD Policy and Selection Criteria for GME Program Directors, as well as the ACGME requirements for these positions:
- ACGME requirements for Pediatric Gastroenterology PD qualifications
- ACGME requirements for Pathology Residency PD qualifications
- ACGME requirements for Otolaryngology PD qualifications
- ACGME requirements for Dermatopathlology PD qualifications
Please note: Applicants are required to submit a CV, bio, and Letter of Intent to apply for the position. All nominees need to send me the requested documents by COB 24 AUG 2020 at joel.m.schofer.mil < at > mail.mil.
- An applicant’s CV must include a section about faculty development activities that they have done.
- An applicant’s CV must demonstrate at least 3 years of documented education and/or administrative experience, as well as ongoing clinical activity in the (sub)specialty for which they are applying.
- An applicant’s CV must demonstrate current board certification in the (sub)specialty in which they are applying. Current medical licensure must also be documented on the CV.
- An applicant’s CV must demonstrate current ongoing scholarly activity.
- The Letter of intent must include the candidate’s level of commitment to GME and the Program Director position, including the number of years they are willing to serve, and that if selected, that they will accept the position.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jerri Curtis, M.D. at jerri dot curtis < at > usuhs dot edu.