You have your Detailing colleagues to thank for the update below…
How to Get the Executive/Expeditionary Medicine and Managed Care AQDs
Please go to the website below and use the “sign up” link. The new JMESP website address is:
Please see “User Guidance” options at the website for instructions for both returning and new users available on the homepage. Under “All Users” is a PowerPoint presentation on how to add data. If you had an account in the old system (check maiden name if applicable), all you have to do to enter the site is reset your password. If did not have an account follow steps to establish an account.
Information on the other two Executive Medicine AQDs (67B Expeditionary and 67G Managed Care) is provided on the page, as well as a “Frequently Asked Questions.”
Now that you are on the website in your account follow these steps:
- Enter data.
- Courses (Check course for all services, e.g. “Combat Casualty Care” is an Army course and “MedXellence is a Joint-USUHS course)
- Education (Masters or higher required)
- Positions (by Corps)
- There is no need to send supporting documents unless requested.
- On the Competencies Attained if all boxes are checked, send us an e-mail: email@example.com. For MC, MSC and DC, provide your Detailer’s name; for NC your Planner’s name; if Reserve your Reserve Affairs Officer name. We will send verification for awarding. Member is copied on awarding e-mail.
- If boxes are not checked click on the lowercase letter ‘i” to see which competencies remain; you may satisfy remaining competencies (with the exception of Regulations) through Joint Medical Executive Skills online courses accessed through the following steps:
- Click Distance Learning
- Select courses associated with competency(ies) as listed on the chart (*If more than one module is indicated for the course, complete all modules).
- Courses generally take about an hour since they are not meant to make you an expert, but to provide you an overview of what to expect from your staff as CO/XO.
- Upon completion of online courses return to the website and add courses.
- Now if all boxes are checked, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For MC, MSC and DC, provide your Detailer’s name; for NC your Planner’s name; if Reserve your Reserve Affairs Officer name. We will send verification for awarding. Member is copied on awarding e-mail.
General Program Information
The joint medical executive skills program formalizes the process designed to meet the congressional mandate which states in National Defense Authorization Act NDAA 1991, Sec. 8096. That “No appropriated funds used to fill the commander’s position at any MTF with a healthcare professional unless the candidate can demonstrate professional administrative skills.” This includes Commanding Officers, Executive Officers, and TRICARE Lead Agents prior to assignment.
JMESP is not a course, but a process through which officers are exposed to the congressionally mandated (through NDAA) 36 executive competencies through the following:
- Education: Master’s Degree or higher
- Approved Courses: Courses offered through Military Academic Institutions and Organizations, and service military medical departments’ sponsored courses. See Distance Learning for LEADS (formerly JMESI) courses located in Joint Knowledge Online.
- Experience: In both primary and certain collateral duties, executive and other board membership at military treatment facilities, operationally.
- Certification: Through medical and other health professional board certifying organizations and agencies.
If you have question not answered here, or at the website, contact email@example.com which includes both JMESP staff members for assistance.