Help a brother out. I’m working on my USUHS promotion package to try and get promoted from Associate Professor to Professor of Military & Emergency Medicine. In order to get promoted, you must have an Educator’s Portfolio, which includes a section on Mentoring and Advising. For that section, I must list people I’ve advised and mentored over the years.
If you feel that I have advised or mentored you, perhaps in person or via this blog, please give me the following information so I can include it in my portfolio. You can use the contact me page or e-mail me at jschofer <at> gmail <dot> com.
I need your:
- Rank, Corps, and service, if applicable (CDR, MC, USN, for example)
- Period of time I advised/mentored you (only the years is fine)
- Your role/position at the time I advised/mentored you
- The topic I advised/mentored you on
- Your current position
- A list of achievements that I helped you achieve through my advising/mentorship
This seems terribly self-serving, and for that I apologize, but I see no better or easier way to collect his information for my portfolio. Thanks for considering.