Here is a summary of some issues that have arisen at Navy Personnel Command (PERS) for people awaiting their permanent change of station (PCS) orders:
- Last week PERS became aware of severe financial constraints slowing the normal rate of order release.
- As a result they have assigned a priority to all unreleased orders. Operational and OCONUS commands, as well as Global Support Assignments (GSA), are given priority.
- Orders will continue to be released, albeit at a slower rate and in a prioritized order.
- As this new process goes forward, we will get an idea of how quickly orders will start being released. In other words, PERS cannot give ETAs yet.
- There are no plans to remove funding from orders that are already released.
As a former Detailer, I can tell you that this kind of thing is frustrating for both the officers moving and the Detailers, so please…be nice to your Detailer!