Contact your Detailer or Specialty Leader if interested:
Position: BUMED Futures and Innovation Lead
Directorate: BUMED Executive Directorate
Classification: 05/06, GS 14/15
Reports To: Deputy Director, for the Executive Director (TED)
Report Date: JUNE/JULY 2016
The position of Lead, Futures and Innovation is held by a senior medical department officer (O-5- O6) or civilian equivalent. The incumbent works for the BUMED Executive Directorate (TED) and is an advisor to all officers, enlisted and civilian personnel. S/He offers the Navy Medicine enterprise with strategic planning resources and technical advice on all issues. Specifically, s/he empowers members of the TED cell and Navy Medicine Leaders with the critical skills of strategic foresight and futures thinking for the new era of complexity and change in Military Medicine. The incumbent works closely with the BUMED Chief Medical Officer, Digital Health Office, and Chief Digital Officer to help support innovation, process improvement, and patient safety and quality initiatives. Additionally, s/he is responsible to assist in the oversight and efficient program management of activities related to the successful implementation of the new DoD Healthcare Management Systems Modernization (DHMSM) initiative.
DESIRED CRITERIA FOR THE POSITION
- Senior medical department officer (O-5 and above, Medical Corps, Nurse Corps, Medical Service Corps, Dental Corps) or civilian equivalent.
- Superb leadership and management skills.
- Facilitative counseling and team-building skills.
- An advanced degree in a related field (health care, business or computer science, MBA, MPA, MPH, MD or PhD) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of technology and information systems planning to support business goals in a health care setting.
- Understanding of the MHS health information technology strategy and operational plans.
- Training and experience with management models such as high reliability organization, transitional leadership, etc.